Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

January 15th Autocross - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January 15th Autocross

Quote Originally Posted by AchTTung View Post
    Summit Point offers a drift school: click. :)
    That's a looooong drive for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1990 Nissan 180sx RPS13
    1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S coupe-SAVED
    Operation: SAVE THE PANDAS
    Bringing the AE86 back to WV

You're about an hour closer than I am, but that's what we get for living where we do. :(

Quote Originally Posted by AchTTung View Post
    You're about an hour closer than I am, but that's what we get for living where we do. :(
    True dat. I just don't understand how in the 90's SCCA solo was the first people to hold drift events, but here it's the most vile proposition in the universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1990 Nissan 180sx RPS13
    1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S coupe-SAVED
    Operation: SAVE THE PANDAS
    Bringing the AE86 back to WV

we can just use the roadmaster for drift school. 8 passengers can chip in for gas and we'll just take turns with her

1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate
    2800 stall, transgo shift kit, intake, Alpine 117, polk 4 channel and components

Drifting? We certainly don't encourage it. It's not the fast way around the course anyway...:) Wish we had a lot big enough for drifting, there is a pretty large group at BeaveRun Motorsports Complex near Pittsburgh, that might be something to look into since it's not that far. You should still come out and play, just don't go sideways the whole time...heh We need some gymkhana's around here....it's a nice compromise between full drift event and an autoX....problem solved! ;)

how do i find out what class il be in? the scca site link is broken so idk and ive never raced before...

also, its a 2002 subaru impreza outback sport, with an intake and full exhaust, and coilovers...if that has anything to do with classification
    Last edited by BugeyeOBS; January 11th, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
    2002 Impreza Wagon, Naturally Aspirated 2.5L, K&N Panel Filter, Catback, Tint and painted stockers...cause I'm one classy guy...

Quote Originally Posted by gtfour77 View Post
    Drifting? We certainly don't encourage it. It's not the fast way around the course anyway...:) Wish we had a lot big enough for drifting, there is a pretty large group at BeaveRun Motorsports Complex near Pittsburgh, that might be something to look into since it's not that far. You should still come out and play, just don't go sideways the whole time...heh We need some gymkhana's around here....it's a nice compromise between full drift event and an autoX....problem solved! ;)
    Riversides lot is plenty big enough for people just starting out in drifting, a course fairly similar to what you all lay out would be a perfect instruction/practice setup. I dont own a truck and trailer im not driving a car 3 hours one way to drive the hell out of it and it be my only way home (hence the hope of something fairly local). How is the leadership of the scca setup, I(we) would like to sit down and talk with the powers that be and try and figure some stuff out. Bein shot down my the middle men is getting old (not directed at you, I like you and have nothing against you) but people like wickedjester speaking when they should isnt helping anything. I would like to talk someone who makes decisions and such, if thats you then all the better sir. Also I dont want you to feel like I'm bashing one what you love to do, just saying that I prefer something different, your organization supports it (elsewhere), all the rules, and insurance and such are already in place through the SCCA for such events, and most importantly you have a perfect location secured.

p.s. wasnt sure where else to post that, not trying to crap up your all's thread.
    1990 Nissan 240sx hatch
    1993 Nissan 240sx SE coupe

Why exactly don't you encourage it? It's a form of motorsports; if it were me I would encourage anyone wanting to drive no matter the sport...especially if my entire organization(and by this I mean every state EXCEPT WV) promotes drifting. There is nothing wrong with it just because a few of the grassroot auto-x'ers don't like it. Don't get me wrong, I respect each and every one of you...but the excuses are ludacris. We aren't a bunch of random punks looking to trash up your lot...we just want a place to have legal fun just like you all. It's reasons like this why we are forced on the street, then when someone hears about us drifting on the streets we get an ear-full...
    I am with Michael...I would REALLY like to have a few of us "drifters" sit down with whomever is in charge of the local chapter and let them know who we actually are and what our intentions are.
    Keepin' it gangster

^ the two above me pretty much covered everything. I have previously talked to the VP (or at least who used to be it) and it was supposed to be brought up at a meeting but then never heard anything back. However the impression I got was pretty much fat chance. SCCA promotes drifting in many places along with many other motorsports like rally, and like stated everything needed is already in line. If you worried about losing track time or your die hard guys complaining then we could set it up to take place at a different time or even a different day. There is a entire group of us that would love to work with you guys so everyone can be happy.

Since 1944, SCCA has championed one mission: To bring motorsports to the masses of American men and women who are passionate about automobiles, speed and competition. From National Championships to regional events, whether professional or amateur, we exist to organize, support and develop auto racing at every level and provide an outlet for you to get out of the armchair and into the action. So, whether your passion is autocrossing, rallying or road racing as a professional or as a weekend warrior, SCCA wants to help you fuel your passion.
    Sounds to me like the SCCA guys should be more than happy to help us as far as your mission statement in concerned, drifting is a full blown world-wide Motorsport now that requires amazing driving skill no matter how you look at it. Many of today top drifters use to be top road racing and rally drivers. It should be encouraged by the SCCA (and is elsewhere) not discouraged and looked down upon.

We aren't asking to share the course at the same time you all do...you all only run once a month....that leaves 30 days (month depending) for us to hold an event. All we want is to be a part of the scca. You all already have a prefect course, insurance through the scca, etc...I don't see how letting us have drift events is going to interrupt your events in any way, shape or form.
    Last edited by inthetwisties; January 11th, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Keepin' it gangster

i want to autocross .. but sadly idt my mustang would enjoy that : ( lol
    2000 mustang gt- COI, Stage 3 king cobra clutch, bbk headers, flowmaster exhaust w/ hi-flow cats, 70mm throttle body,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12